Data Controller: Canadian Job Bank, legal address: 44 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6L6, Canada.
Contact information: e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number: +1 (716) 493-2329
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
Personal Data (or Data) –
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Usage Data –
Information collected automatically through this Platform (or third-party services employed in this Platform), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Platform, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Platform) and the details about the path followed within the Platform with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Platform who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
Data Subject –
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)-
Data Controller (or Owner) –
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Platform. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Platform.
GDPR – t
The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
This Platform –
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Platform as described in the relative terms and on this Platform.
COLLECTING OF DATA
This section explains generally the sources from which, and the means by which, we collect and process personal information.
- Account registration
We collect Personal Data when you register for an account, when you use certain Services (including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with Users) and when you visit certain pages on Platform.
Personal Data and other details about you that you supply as part of the registration process or that are collected by Us when you use the Services are used to provide you with the Services and information as set out in our Terms of Service. We will not use that information for any purpose other the Services.
- Contacting us
If you contact us in relation to any of the Services (via email, telephone, post or otherwise), We may collect and retain your contact details and your communication for the purpose of handling your query and keeping records of communications.
- Other Means of Collection. We collect personal information by a variety of means and methods, including the following:
- When you submit personal information to us voluntarily, including when you register an account, communicate with us or use any of our Services;
- When you visit our Platform, we may collect location and other information from the internet browser you are using;
- When your communications with us provide us with certain technical formation, such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, time zone setting and location, device operating system, and other technologies you may use to access our Platform or otherwise communicate with us;
- From third parties and public sources, including from data analytics providers for our own social media pages, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
The personal information we collect varies by user, transaction, and purpose, but our primary purpose is the efficient and satisfactory conduct of our business and for related legal purposes.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Platform and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as contacting the User and sending emails using mailing list. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Generally, we collect the following data:
- Identification information such as name and contact information such as phone number, e-mail address.
- Registration information you provide when you create an account such as email address.
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our Platform on third-party platforms or devices;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our Platform (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account on our Platform, such as the services you provide, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our Platform on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address
We collect the following categories of Personal data for the following activities:
|Activity||Categories of Personal data|
|Visiting the Platform||
• Browsing data.
• Geolocation data
|Contacting Canadian Job Bank support teams||
• Identification data.
• Contact data.
• Content of your request.
|Allowing the visitors and Users to exercise their data protection rights||
• Identification data.
• Contact data.
• Content of the request.
• Data necessary to reply to the request addressed to Canadian Job Bank.
|Complying with legal requests or manage litigation||• Data necessary to prove Canadian Job Bank’s compliance to its obligations and/or manage legal proceedings.|
|Creating a profile||
• Contact data.
PURPOSE OF DATA COLLECTION
We use the personal information that we collect or receive from our Users for the purposes described in this Policy and for other business purposes allowed by law, including the development, delivery, and performance of our services, sharing with our affiliates for related business purposes, and as follows:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the contract for the services or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- To respond to your requests and questions, resolve disputes, investigate and address your concerns, and monitor and improve our responses;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, databases, and technology assets and to detect and prevent transactional fraud;
- For testing, research, analysis, and a product and service development, including to improve our Platform and services;
- For facilitating and processing your transactions with us and with our third party affiliates and business partners;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable laws, court orders, or governmental regulations;
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, marketing and your experience.
We process personal data on the following legal basis for the following purposes:
|Offering communication between Canadian Job Bank and the visitor.||Legitimate interest of Canadian Job Bank to offer visitors an efficient way to communicate with its teams.|
|Responding to the User/visitor’s request for information related to the Services offered by Canadian Job Bank or request for assistance||
Legitimate interest of Canadian Job Bank to offer its visitors a mean to contact support teams.
Contract with User (i.e. specific Terms of Service).
|Manage the request(s) of the Users related to their data protection rights||Legal obligation of Canadian Job Bank|
|Enhance and improve the Services and Platform||Legitimate interests of Canadian Job Bank to offer optimized Services.|
|Justify and demonstrate Canadian Job Bank’s compliance with legal obligations in case of legal request and/or legal proceedings||Legitimate interest of Canadian Job Bank to be able to demonstrate its compliance.|
|Allow access to Services as provided on the Platform||Contract (Terms of Service).|
METHODS OF DATA PROCESSING
Canadian Job Bank takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Canadian Job Bank, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Platform (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Canadian Job Bank. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
TRANSFERS AND SHARING OF DATA
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Canadian Job Bank using the information provided in the contact section.
Canadian Job Bank may store, process, and/or transfer personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (including countries where the European Commission has not made a decision of an adequate level of protection of personal data), but in these cases Canadian Job Bank will ask for specific consent regarding these data transfers.
Canadian Job Bank stores data in Canada.
We may share your personal data with following recipients:
- Internal recipients – your Personal data will only be disclosed to authorize employees that require an access to fulfil their obligations (e.g. support teams, developers, etc.). Our employees are specifically trained and made aware of the sensitivity of your Personal data and the requirements necessary to ensure the protection of your right to privacy.
- Processors – in order to provide the Services, Canadian Job Bank may communicate your Personal data to other entities acting as data processors.
- Partners and third parties – in order to provide the Services, Canadian Job Bank may communicate your Personal data to third party service providers.
- Other Users – by sharing your Personal data on the Platform, other Users may have access to your Personal data that you may share, such as messages, images and other information shared using the Platform, etc.
- Judicial, administrative and other public authorities –
- Canadian Job Bank may have to share or disclose some of your Personal data if it is required to do so by the law, by a request meaning from a competent authority., to comply with a court order, to obtain legal remedies or defend Canadian Job Bank’s rights, to contribute with investigations (e.g. fraud, identity theft, etc.).
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Canadian Job Bank may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Canadian Job Bank. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw consent at any time.Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of Data.Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access Data.Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification.Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data.Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed.Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint.Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to
Canadian Job Bank through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
If user has any issues regarding data processing done by Canadian Job Bank, user can send request to competent national data protection authority.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Canadian Job Bank in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Platform or the related Services.
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Platform and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Platform (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Canadian Job Bank at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Visiting Third-Party Platforms
Our Platform may contain links or references to third party Platforms. These Platforms are outside of our control, and the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own. Please be aware that we have no control over these third-party Platforms and our Privacy Notice does not apply to such Platforms. We encourage you to check the Terms of Service and privacy policies of such sites before disclosing any personal
information via such sites. The privacy notice of the third party site will govern how information collected from you is used by the owner of the Platform. You can always know what Platform you are on by checking the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) in the location bar within your browser.
Canadian Job Bank. It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the bottom.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Canadian Job Bank shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Latest update: 25th September, 2022