Bear’s House Childcare Corp. based in Burnaby, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early Childhood Educator (E.C.E). Bear’s House Childcare Corp. is a licensed group child care. Our school is run by a group of energetic, educated women who recognize the valuable service that quality child care can provide to families with young children. We have staff that are highly qualified professionals with their license in Early Childhood Education and/or other related training. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Bear’s House Childcare Corp.
Position: Early Childhood Educator (E.C.E)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Burnaby, BC
Shifts: Day, Morning
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking, Air conditioned
Work Setting: Child Care Centre
Public transportation is available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as college/CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, training will be provided
Certificates, licenses, memberships, and courses: Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Medical exam, Immunization records
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be physically demanding and a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work in a punctual way and be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should have an efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and have interpersonal awareness
- The candidate should have judgment skills
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on and be a team player
- The candidate should be able work with values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers also develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- The candidate should have storytelling skills
- The candidate should be able to lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest also engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- The candidate should be able to provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- The candidate should be able to guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits also prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- The candidate should be able to observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor also discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- The candidate should have knowledge of licensing regulations also be able to establish guidelines for behavior
- The candidate should be able to assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members also attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- The candidate should be able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children also plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!