Early childhood educator (ECE)
Super Genius Daycare Ltd based in Victoria, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator (ECE). Super Genius Daycare Ltd has a huge nature back yard where children spent a lot of time playing, exploring, and learning. We offer music, dance, maths, sciences, field trips around to the neighbourhood. Also we are approved to government parent reductions fees, and we accept subsidy. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Super Genius Daycare Ltd
Position: Early childhood educator (ECE)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $24.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment, STUDENT JOB
Location: 780 Dominion Rd, Victoria, BC, V9A 4E6
Shifts: Day, Shift and Morning
Work setting: Child care centre, urban area and relocation costs not covered by employer
Work site environment: Candidates should work in outdoors, noisy and non-smoking place
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is available and own transportation required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years and full time enrollment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate and First Aid Certificate
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail, manually dexter and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, punctual, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills, an excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal awareness and also values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers, develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
Storytelling, storytelling, lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity and also supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
- The candidate should be able to support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits, maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods and also observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- The candidate should be able to submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors, discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of licensing regulations and also plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- The candidate should be able to establish guidelines for behaviour, assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members, attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children and also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The employee get other long term benefits
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, References attesting experience, Letter of recommendation, Proof of the requested certifications, and Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!