Supervisor Mechanical (Car)
Canadian Pacific based in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Supervisor Mechanical (Car) – Port Coquitlam. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Shift work. All the application information is going to be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents. Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at the company. The candidate may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain his/her current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific Railway
Position: Supervisor Mechanical (Car) – Port Coquitlam
Department: Mechanical Car
No of Vacancies: 4
Salary: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Position Type: Non-Union
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Job Grade: 5
Job Availability To: Internal & External
Work Location Information: Outdoors
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a high school diploma or mechanical trade certification
Experience: Candidates don’t need any experience although having experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines. The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates.
- The candidate should have a proficient knowledge of railway operations (road, yard, freight car, mechanical);
- The candidate having work knowledge of CP systems (CIM, TYES, Nexus, SAP and Wreck Estimator) is an asset
- The candidate should be able to work with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- The candidate should have the knowledge of collective agreement/non- union policies
- The candidate should have mechanical aptitude
- The candidate must be able to work with vast array of employees and be adaptable
- The candidate must be able to work outdoors in all weather
- The candidate must have the ability to drill down, understand the root cause and resolve complex issues.
- The candidate should be able to conduct job briefings, end of shift briefings, safety meetings and activities, ensuring that safety rules, procedures and policies are adhered to through efficiency testing and safety tracking document
- The candidate should be able to correct and document safety incidents, safety hazards/concerns, investigates for corrective actions to the various departments, involving the Mechanical Manager and Health and Safety Committee in the prescribed timelines
- The candidate should be able to support, communicate and deliver to key performance indicators. Leads to ensure all direct reports have an understanding of the business objectives, as well as the role the candidates are accountable for
- The candidate should be able to communicate and interact regularly with management within field operations to ensure Freight Car repair and train servicing is meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- The candidate should be able to ensure that there is the appropriate level of stock/material and is responsible for ordering within prescribed limits through the SAP system.
- The candidate should be able to supports all expenditure reduction initiatives
- The candidate should be able to maintain communication and foster positive working relationships with local union officials.
- The candidate should be able to ensure the collective agreement is understood and managed as it is written
- The candidate should be able to support and participate in Consequence Leadership, provide employees both Positive and Constructive Feedback throughout shift
- The candidate should be able to support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve productivity and effectiveness of the operation. Support Lean Philosophy and Principles
- The candidate should be able to ensure Freight Car bad order repair, cycle time, dwell time, productivity and key metrics are met.
- The candidate should be able to coordinate with Field Operations to ensure over the road set-offs of bad order Freight Cars are repaired in a timely manner
- The candidate should be able to ensure repairs and train servicing are in compliance with AAR, TC standards and Canadian Pacific policies
- The candidate should be able to support mechanical forces at train incidents within their jurisdiction adhering to the guidelines of the Emergency Response Plan
- The candidate should be able to communicate and interact regularly with local/external counterparts
- The candidate should be able to work directly with employees in the shop and yard environments to establish self-managed work teams and provide guidance and support to employees to bring about the vision of an empowered and engaged workforce.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The candidate get the benefits of Performance Incentive Program
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
Incorporated in 1881, the Canadian Pacific was formed with a vision to physically unite Canada and Canadians from coast to coast. Working for years, the company is considered as a well developed company. Even today and in future, the building of the Canadian Pacific Railway will be considered to be one of Canada’s greatest feats of engineering.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and being suitable for the additional requirements) through below mentioned details.
- The candidate may have his/her job location changed on the basis of organisations requirements
- The candidate should be able to fulfill medical requirements
- The candidate should be able to fulfill background checks such as Criminal history check and Reference check.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!