Canadian Pacific based in Port Coquitlam and British Columbia is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Supervisor Work Equipment. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Supervisor Work Equipment
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Shifts: To be determined
Position Type: Non-Union
% of Travel: 50-60%
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as high school diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: Candidates need a 5 years’ experience in a railway work equipment maintenance environment
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines.
- The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all health related requirements
- The candidate should have got done with criminal history check and reference check
- The candidates having journeymen certificate as a heavy duty mechanic is preferred
- The candidate should have demonstrated capability to apply relevant knowledge and technical skills to monitor adherence to CP policies and standards as well regulatory requirements
- The candidate should be rules qualified
- The candidate should have proficient computer skills and working knowledge of CP systems ie SAP also have ability to simultaneously manage priorities and ensure delivery of key performance metrics during emergency and non-emergency operations
- The candidate should have people leadership skills also have good communication skills
- The candidate should have the ability to influence peers, cross functional co-managers and leadership skills
- The candidate should be able to lead a safe, efficient, cost effective work equipment maintenance program within their territory (BC)
- The candidate should be able to manage, organize and control the resources responsible for the maintenance of work equipment and vehicles in accordance with regulatory requirements and processes
- The candidate should be able to manage the planning and execution of all work equipment repair activities
- The candidate should be able to supervise and monitor the performance of maintainers to ensure the reliability of work equipment as directed by the Manager of Work Equipment also ensure the application of CP safety practices, policies and procedures
- The candidate should be able to monitor financial results expected within their assigned budgets also ensure PPM is scheduled on vehicles and equipment assigned to their area and evaluates inspection reports
- The candidate should be able to implement work processes/changes that achieve continuous improvement also arrange for and prepare condition reports for all work equipment
- The candidate should be able to ensure equipment work order management and maintenance records are kept accurate also maintain cross functional relationships within assigned territory
- The candidate should be able to monitor inventory to safety stock levels also mentor and coach maintainers and machine operators to improve their effectiveness
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!