Ontario based in Lindsay, Canada is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant Crown Attorney. Ontario is a highly reputable, experienced, and client-focused law firm practicing exclusively in the area of immigration law. Our company is known to understand the particular nature of immigration law and act on behalf of a wide range of clients. We work with all from multinational corporations, skilled or professional individuals, temporary workers and individuals in sports and the arts. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Ontario
Position: Assistant Crown Attorney
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: Salary Commensurate With Legal Experience
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Lindsay, Canada
Shifts: To be determined
Division: Criminal Law Division
Job Term: 2 Temporary (up to 12 months contract/secondment with possibility of extension)
Job Code: OCAA – Crown Counsel
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the French Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as high bachelor’s degree, Law – Civil Law
Experience: Candidates need knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, criminal law procedures, rules of evidence and case law, knowledge and understanding of the role and function of a prosecutor in the criminal justice system in Ontario also experience in or readiness to conduct prosecutions in the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice
Membership: The candidate should have a membership in good standing as a lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario
- The candidate should have an analytical ability and judgment to determine appropriate legal remedies
- The candidate should have an interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
- The candidate should have technical skills, to be able to communicate and work effectively with computer technology and databases made available to professional staff
- The candidate should be able to reposted so that external applicants or non-members of the above-mentioned groups would then be eligible to apply
- The candidate has to be the foremost prosecution service in Canada, and this vision is supported through the divisional mission, values, and key strategies.
- The candidate should be able to perform prosecutorial and administrative duties
- The candidate should be able to prepare cases and conducting prosecutions, hearings, applications, motions, appeals and/or reviews on behalf of the Attorney General for criminal and quasi-criminal offences in the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice
- The candidate should be able to provide legal advice to Justice participants as appropriate
- The candidate should be able to perform case management duties to support the efficient prosecution of criminal matters, e.g. screening, disclosure, resolution meetings, and supporting the Region as required remotely via SCOPE
- The candidate should be willing and able to travel to other court locations to support the prosecution team across the CE Region
- The candidate should be able to ensure timely and comprehensive responses are made to all substantive, procedural and policy requirements in the criminal litigation process
- The candidate should be able to develop and maintaining technical skills to be able to communicate and work effectively with computer technology and databases made available to professional staff
- The candidate should be able to keep informed on office/regional/divisional/provincial initiatives, protocols and directives and implementing them to ensure consistent practices within the justice system
- The candidate should be able to establish and maintaining professional relationships and working cooperatively with all members of the Criminal Law Division and with other participants in the justice system for the purpose of enhancing communication between the parties and improving the administration of justice
- The candidate should be able to draft indictments
- The candidate should be able to examine Informations and other documents
- The candidate should be able to assist in the administration of the Crown Attorney’s office
- The candidate should be able to assist other counsel with prosecutions, research, etc.
- The employees get provides equal work opportunities with having a diverse work environment
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get various financial benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by online (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!