508995 Alberta Ltd. based in Sherwood Park, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early Childhood Educator (E.C.E). 508995 Alberta Ltd. is a licensed group child care. Our school is run by a group of energetic, educated women who recognize the valuable service that quality child care can provide to families with young children. We have staff that are highly qualified professionals with their license in Early Childhood Education and/or other related training. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: 508995 Alberta Ltd.
Position: Early Childhood Educator (E.C.E)
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.50 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 664 Wye Road, Sherwood Park, AB, T8A 6G3
Shifts: Day, Evening, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Child care centre, Before and after school programs
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as college/CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 7 months to 1 year
Supervision: 1 to 2 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Child development worker (ECE level 2)
Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Vulnerable sector check
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work in a punctual way and be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should have an efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and have interpersonal awareness
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on and be a team player
- The candidate should be able work with values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- The candidate should be able to develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- The candidate should have storytelling skills also supervise staff, trainees or volunteers
- The candidate should be able to lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- The candidate should be able to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- The candidate should be able to engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- The candidate should be able to provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- The candidate should be able to guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- The candidate should be able to maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- The candidate should be able to observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor, submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors, discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of Day Nurseries Act also knowledge of licensing regulations
- The candidate should have knowledge of licensing regulations, establish guidelines for behaviour also assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- The candidate should be able to attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The candidate should be able to plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- The candidate should be able to plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- The candidate should be able to supervise and coordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits
- The employees get financial benefits as per the collective agreement
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Group insurance benefits
- The employees get other benefits such as free parking available
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!