Kalwood Farms Ltd. based in Winfield, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit Picker.Kalwood Farms Ltd. has been known to produce quality cherries and apples. We are operating on 85 acres of orchard on the shores of Kalamalka Lake. We are located at one of the prime locations, between Kalamalka and Wood Lakes just north of the Kelowna Airport. We are known to produce and serve quality fruits. Our company works with purity. Our company is known to produce quality organic fruits using advanced techniques. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidate has to work in Day, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Kalwood Farms Ltd.
Position: Fruit Picker
No of Vacancies: 50
Salary: $15,00 hourly (approx) + $.28 commission per piece, Minimum wage is guaranteed
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 16012 OYAMA RD, Lake Country, BC, V4V 2E4
Job ID: 22052210
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning, 03:00 to 12:00
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, At heights, Hot
Work Location Information: Rural area, Staff accommodation available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need any experience although having experience is an asset
Weight Handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Type of Crops: Orchard fruit, Cherries
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to work with a hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to pick row and orchard crops
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get financial benefits such as piece work
- The employees get other benefits such as on-site housing options and free parking available
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and being prepared for screening questions) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening Questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!