Big Horn Hotel based in Watson Lake, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hotel front desk clerk. Big Horn Hotel is a family operated hotel near Watson Lake. We do provide cleaner, more spacious and higher quality accommodations than most people expect at the lowest possible rates. We pride ourselves on extending the best in customer service. Our well trained desk staff will be happy to assist you in any way, including reserving space for you at one of Watson Lake’s attractions or fine restaurants. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Big Horn Hotel
Position: Hotel front desk clerk
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 703 Frank Trail, Watson Lake, YT, Y0A 1C0
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Evening and Night
Work Setting: Hospitality industry, staff accommodation is available, hotel, motel, resort, remote location, relocation costs not covered by employer and willing to relocate
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be someone who can be depended on
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to register arriving guests and assign rooms
- The candidate should be able to take, cancel and change room reservations
- The candidate should be able to provide information on hotel facilities and services
- The candidate should be able to provide general information about points of interest in the area
- The candidate should be able to investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- The candidate should be able to exchange foreign currency
- The candidate should be able to process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- The candidate should be able to balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- The candidate should be able to maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- The candidate should be able to follow emergency and safety procedures
- The candidate should be able to answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- The candidate should be able to provide customer service
- The employees get on-site housing options
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or visiting (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
703 Frank Trail,
Watson Lake, YT
Y0A 1C0 Between 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!