Canadian Security Intelligence Service is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Student and CO-OP: Administrative Assistant. The Canadian Security Intelligence Service has been committed to Canada’s values. We are known to be energized by meaningful work. Our company is known to be driven to expand skills, hone talents and stretch potential to the limit. We are known to offer the best in Canada. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. Applicants must be registered as a full-time, post-secondary student in an accredited academic institution recognized in Canada. Priority consideration will be given to those enrolled in an accredited co-op/internship program.
Employer Name: Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Position: Student and CO-OP: Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Location: Ottawa-Ontario,Burnaby-British Columbia, Calgary-Alberta, Edmonton-Alberta, Winnipeg-Manitoba, Toronto-Ontario, Gatineau-Quebec, Montreal- Quebec, Halifax-Nova Scotia. The system will allow you to select only one location of work.
Salary: $15.40 for College/Cégep, $17.12 for Undergraduate and $22.04 for a Graduate
Shift: To be determined
Job Category: Co-op, Internship Program, Student Employment
Status: Term – 4 to 16 months
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and Bilingual languages.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as undergraduate degree or college diploma programs. The candidate should have studied in the following areas of study i.e., Business or Public Administration, Labour or Industrial Relations, Commerce, Organizational Development, Education Sciences and Social Sciences
Experience: Candidates need experience in providing administrative support
- The candidate should be students who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in a unique environment and also be able to work with one of the higher performing teams.
- The candidate should be able to provide a meaningful impact to the mission of helping keep Canadians safe against national security threats
- The candidate should be able to work as representative of the Canadian society and foster diversity and inclusion
- The candidate should be dedicated to establish positive policies and practices related to hiring, training, promoting and retaining designated group members ensuring that employment-related needs of all persons are reasonably accommodated
- The candidate should be able to plan and coordinate multiple interrelated administrative activities and also schedule meetings and appointments according to priorities.
- The candidate should be able to deal with managers and employees at all levels and also provide client services.
- The candidate should have skills such as Adaptability/Flexibility, Rigour, Initiative, Organizational skills / multitasking, Professionalism and Communication
- The candidate should be able to assist the unit Head/DG by examining, analyzing, coordinating, prioritizing and organizing the administrative support work for the Branch and also prepare and process various administration requests such as training, human resources, official languages, accommodation, office equipment, information and technology, security and strategic planning
- The candidate should be able to maintain the Branch’s budget by analyzing, reviewing and recommending expenditure requirements, compiling, entering and reconciling financial data into budget system, certifying expenditures and by providing periodic budget reports and also provide the DG with relevant and useful data (ex: budget, performance evaluation, training, human resources, etc.) by developing and maintaining various systems
- The candidate should be able to liaise with managers/employees on expenditures by ensuring that they comply with policies and regulations and that funds are available and also act as a resource person by providing advice and policy interpretation to managers, employees and external candidates
- The candidate should be able to control/organize the DG’s appointments by scheduling/ rescheduling meetings according to priorities, compiling any background information required or that would be beneficial and also compose and draft written replies on behalf of the DG and review for quality and accuracy outgoing correspondence prepared by others for the DG.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!