Houweling Nurseries Ltd. based in Delta, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Worker, farm. Houweling Nurseries Ltd. was began as a small floral greenhouse and berry farm in Langley, British Columbia. We are a world-renowned greenhouse tomato grower with facilities in Camarillo, CA and Delta, BC. We are dedicated to delivering a full complement of scrumptious tomatoes and cucumbers, while constantly innovating to reduce its environmental footprint. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Houweling Nurseries Ltd.
Position: Worker, farm
No of Vacancies: 50
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 to 45 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Location: 2776 64 Street, Delta, BC, V4L 2N7
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area, remote location and relocation costs not covered by employer
Work site environment: Candidates should work in fruit and vegetable combination farming, at heights, wet/damp, hot and cold/refrigerated place
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Type of crops: Cucumbers and Greenhouse tomatoes
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail, able to distinguish between colours, handle heavy loads and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should have specialization on propagation
- The candidate should be able for clipping, deleafing, greenhouse cleaning, harvesting seedlings and also lowering
- The candidate should be able to clean crop, plant, cultivate and irrigate crops and also harvest crops
- The employees get bonus
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!