The Regional District of East Kootenay based in Windermere, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Building Inspector I or II or III. The Regional District of East Kootenay is known to be growing continuously. We work in order to provide outstanding service to residents of the East Kootenay the Development Services Department is expanding.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will possess a Level 1 or higher qualification for both Building and Plumbing qualifications or have the ability to obtain Level 1 within 6 months, with the Building Officials Association of BC. As well, the candidate would preferably have 1 or more years of experience as a Building Inspector, however suitable candidates with a combination of related education and experience, and ability to enroll in the Building Official In-Training program will be considered.
Employer Name: The Regional District of East Kootenay
Position: Building Inspector I or II or III
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $37.93 to $44.81 per hour for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Windermere, BC
Region: East Kootenay / Rocky Mountain
Professional Category(s): Building Technology/Inspection
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as other trades certificate or diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 1-2 years
Other education and experience details are mentioned below
- The candidate should be customer service focusing
- The candidate needs a minimum Level 1 Building and Plumbing qualifications with the Building Officials Association of BC
- The candidate needs a diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, or related field
- The candidate needs a minimum one year experience as a Building Inspector
- The candidate needs a valid BC Driver’s Licence
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge of building construction methods and materials, building and plumbing codes, zoning bylaws, and regulations affecting the construction and renovation of buildings
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills with the ability to read blueprints and legal maps
- The candidate should have an excellent organizational and communication skills
- The candidate should have the ability to work effectively with the general public, contractors and tradespeople.
- The candidate should be responsible for reviewing residential and commercial building plans, conducting site inspections, and issuing building permits to comply with applicable bylaws, codes and regulations.
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits
- The employees get an opportunity to leverage their skills and technical expertise
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!