Little Hands Inc. based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood education worker. Little Hands Inc. will provide a warm and nurturing atmosphere for your children. The children will develop each day through activities that will meet their social, physical, emotional, and cognitive needs under the guidance of a qualified staff. Our highly-qualified teachers and staff are committed to working within each child’s comfort zone to ensure optimal social, emotional and educational results. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Little Hands Inc.
Position: Early childhood education worker
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $19.82 to $31.01 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Shifts: Day and To be determined
Work setting: Child care centre and before and after school programs
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked, medical exam required, Immunization records required, Tuberculosis test needed and vulnerable sector should checked
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- The candidate should be able for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be punctual, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication, interpersonal awareness and also values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, storytelling, lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records and also engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- The candidate should be able to support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits, maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods and also observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- The candidate should be able to submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors, discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of Day Nurseries Act, knowledge of licensing regulations, plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children and also plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- The candidate should be able to establish guidelines for behaviour, assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members, attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children and also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The employees get dental plan, health care plan and vision care benefits
- The employees get life insurance
- The employees get free parking availability, on-site daycare available and team building opportunities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, Cover letter, and Proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!