Meadow Berry Farms based in Pitt Meadows, BC, is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm Worker. Meadow Berry Farms is known to supply and produce the best berries having the Ideal soils and climate with warm days and cool nights during the harvesting season from late June to October. We have made the Fraser Valley North America’s largest producer of highbush blueberries. We are known to have a half dozen of varieties that we grow particularly well on Meadow Berry Farm’s nutrient-rich peat soils. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Evening, Shift, On Call, Early Morning and Morning shifts. This position of Farm Worker is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Meadow Berry Farms
Position: Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 40
Salary: $15.65 per hour for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Dusty
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
Seed drill, Planting equipment, Fruit harvester, Fertilizer applicator, Combine harvester
Type of Farm Operations: Fruit and vegetable combination farming
Type of Crops: Blueberries, Field berries, Strawberries, Raspberries
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to fertilize and spray crops
- The candidate should have landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists specific skills such as fruit tree trainings and harvesting seedlings
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
The Meadow Berry Farms is a family-owned farm of the Aujla family’s having blueberries in their blood. Working for years, Meadow Berry Farms with growing berries has also started growing cranberries. The company is known to flourish in the Valley too, helping British Columbia (BC) account for 20 percent of the world’s supply.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email, a fax, a mail or meeting in person (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
12554 Wooldridge Rd
Pitt Meadows, BC
12554 Wooldridge Rd
Pitt Meadows, BC
V3Y 1Z1 Between 11:00 AM and 06:00 PM
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!