Food preparer – grocery store
Tajrish Inc based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food preparer – grocery store. Tajrish Inc provides multiple food/grocery items and considered one of the top store in the area. Our well trained and professional team continuously strives to deliver outstanding results for both costumers and staff. We have efficient and well-trained staff who help us to meet the expectations of the people. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Tajrish Inc
Position: Food preparer – grocery store
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.00 hourly 30 to 44 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 3141 5Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2A 6C9
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: Own transportation, Valid driver’s licence, Public transportation is available
Work setting: In shop, Supermarket/grocery store, Wholesalers
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Asset languages: Persian
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years’
Type of heavy equipment operated: Operate forklift
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be willing to for overtime
- The candidates should be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs), and up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be client focus, adaptable, analytical, collaborative, creative
- The candidates should be efficient, energetic, goal-oriented, hardworking, integrated, outgoing, and should have positive attitude, and time management skills
- The candidates should be proactive, quick learner, and dependable
- The candidates should be flexible, reliable, organized
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, efficient interpersonal skills, be able to work as a team player
- The candidates should be able to operate cash register, operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems, provide advice about merchandise
- The candidates should be able to assist in display of merchandise, conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce, estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates
- The candidates should be able to greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease, maintain sales records for inventory control, prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- The candidates should be able to prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment, stock shelves and display areas
- The candidates should be able to price items using stamp or stickers according to price list, obtain articles for customers from shelf or stockroom, keep stock clean and in order
- The candidates should be able to direct customers to location of articles sought, bag, box or parcel purchases for customers, for shipment or delivery, maintain computerized stock inventory
- The candidates should be able to order stock, attach protective devices to products to protect against shoplifting, order picking
- The candidates should be able to fill mail or electronic orders from warehouse stock, perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors), operate computer for electronic commerce transactions
- The candidates should be able to operate electric palette jack, provide customer service, record incoming stock
- The candidates should be able to unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items, carry customer’s purchases to parking lot and pack orders in customers’ vehicles
- The candidates will get maternity and parental benefits and bonus
- The candidates will get learning/training paid by employer and free parking
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, Proof of the requested certifications, Copy of latest school transcript, Highest level of education, and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
3141 5Ave NE
Between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!