Canada Border Services Agency is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of IM/IT Opportunities. The Information, Science and Technology Branch (ISTB) of the CBSA is known to support the management of Canada’s border through the strategic development, application and oversight of information management, technology systems and the delivery of science services. We have our strength lies in people. We are known to attract, develop, promote and retain the best people, offering them a safe workplace with equal opportunity to succeed in a dynamic and positive atmosphere. We are responsible for the strategic, analytical and advisory capacity of the Branch’s corporate functions in relation to IT finance and vendor management, people management, and IT asset management. As established the Branch’s enterprise IT vision, manages information technology planning and budgeting processes, and is responsible for reporting to central agencies regarding CBSA IT expenditures. We are known for Enterprise Collaboration and Digital Services Provides the holistic management of the Enterprise Information program, Enterprise Products and Capabilities, Customer Digital Service experience, Internal and External users system support and Cybersecurity (aka IT Security) for the Agency. We are known to ensure that the Agency leverages science and technology and provides sound advice to support business decisions. We are known to support the Agency’s mandate to provide integrated border services through the provision of overarching project and service management of all IT and IT enabled projects, initiatives and services across all business lines. We are known to accelerate evaluation and deployment of new technologies, increase organizational agility and advance CBSA’s Transformation and Renewal Agenda. We are known to provide IT systems and services to enable the business of the Agency to be transacted through client-focused, high availability and performing IT solutions.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
We will periodically be extracting candidate information from the system. We will then be in touch with selected candidates to provide additional information and learn more about your experience and competencies. This means you may be contacted about multiple opportunities. Indeterminate employees at the same group and level or equivalent may be considered for deployment.
Employer Name: Canada Border Services Agency
Position: IM/IT Opportunities
No of Vacancies: IT-01, IT-02, IT-03, IT-04, IT-05
Salary: $60,696 to $150,842
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Various locations
Closing date: 31 March 2023 – 23:59
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English, Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB, Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC and English or French Essential Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a graduation from a two-year program of study from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
Note 1: Candidates who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
Note 2: Candidates who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
Note 3: Candidates at manager’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may serve as an alternative to the minimum education stated above. Whenever the minimum education is met using this alternative, it is met for the specific position only and must be re-assessed for other positions for which this alternative has been specified by the manager.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidates should be able to provide the cover letter
- The candidate should be able to become a part of a new approach to create a repository of fully or partially qualified candidates who would be interested in joining the dynamic community.
- The candidate must be able to start and finish your application in under one hour
- The candidate should not be providing narrative answers to screening questions at this time. The candidate should take time and answer the questions.
- The candidates need a valid reliability security clearance or a valid Secret security clearance or other depending on the position being staffed
Note: Other conditions of employment may be used as needs arise.
- The candidate should be able to participate in the official language
- The candidate should be able to provide 2 valid reference emails.
- The candidate should be able to collaborate with partners and stakeholders (all levels)
- The candidate should be able to achieve results (all levels)
- The candidate should be able to uphold integrity and respect (all levels)
- The candidate should have communication skills (written and orally) (all levels)
- The candidate should be critical thinking and analytical (levels 3 to 5)
- The candidate should be able to fulfill leadership and planning requirements (levels 3 to 5)
- The candidate should be able to promote innovation and guide change (levels 4 to 5)
- In order to meet our organizational needs, a preference may be given to members of Employment Equity groups: Persons with a disability, indigenous persons, members of visible minorities or women.
- The preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
- The employees an inclusive and barrier free work environment
- The employees get a diverse and committed work environment
- The employees get employment equity options
- The employees with particular groups will be prioritised (Aboriginal* peoples, Persons with disabilities, Members of visible minorities and Women) Referred throughout the post as Aboriginal peoples, as stated in the Employment Equity Act (EEA).
- The employees get accomodation facilities provided by the employer
- The employees working as Student border services officers (SBSOs) work alongside border services officers (BSOs) in rewarding, dynamic and motivational environments where they have the opportunity to make a difference by ensuring the safety and prosperity of Canada.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!