The Government of Yukon based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nurse Practitioner. The Government of Yukon is the territorial equivalent of Canada’s Parliament. Our legislature is made up of the Commissioner of Yukon and the Yukon Legislative Assembly. Our Premier and Cabinet belong to the political party with the most elected members in the Legislative Assembly. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. This posting will also be used to create an eligibility list for future permanent full time and part time positions, and full time and part time Term, AOC and Casual positions.
Employer Name: Government of Yukon
Position: Nurse Practitioner
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $101,068.00 to $117,433.00 per year for 75 hours bi-weekly
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6 CA (Primary)
Department: Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Bilingual Health Centre
Job Type: Permanent
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English, French and Bilingual Languages.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as either be a registered or eligible to be registered as a Nurse Practitioner in good standing with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association and have recently applied knowledge of nursing theory, practices and techniques.
Experience: Candidates need an experience working in a health clinic setting, liaising with key partners to provide holistic, accessible and equitable care for clients/patients while contributing to an environment that is inclusive, non-discriminatory, and physically, psychologically and culturally safe.
- The candidate should have the ability to operate across multiple levels of care and within a transdisciplinary environment and also have an oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should have organizational skills and also have critical thinking, relationship building and conflict management skills
- The candidate should have the ability to provide leadership, coaching and training to members of the team and also have an experience working with a diverse population
- The candidate should have the knowledge of Yukon and also having the skills of government’s Putting People First report is an asset
- The candidate should be able to fulfill conditions of employment such as TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP security clearance, Valid CPR Level C and WHMIS 2015 (completed within one month of hire) and current registration in good standing with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- The candidate may be required to participate in an after hours schedule to support clinic services outside of regular business hours
- The candidate should have willingness to engage in, or improve upon, existing French Language skills and development
- The candidate should be able to relocate
- The candidate should be able to function in a collaborative practice model as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive primary health care services to Bilingual Health Centre (BHC) clients/patients, including those people living in Whitehorse who speak French and/or English
- The candidate should be able to report to the Bilingual Clinic Manager and also should be able to work closely with health and social care providers located within the BHC as well as those practicing in the broader community, including physicians, registered nurses, medical office assistants and other social and allied health professionals
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!