The Town of Banff based in Banff, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Parks Services Summer Seasonal Labourer – Municipal Parks. The Town of Banff is known as the Banff townsite government headquarters, within Banff National Park. We as the official site of Banff work with various matters in regards to Banff. We are the municipality that is located at Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. We are also part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks. In all, we work to help the population of Banff in every way required.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Town of Banff
Position: Parks Services Summer Seasonal Labourer – Municipal Parks
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
Employment Type: Full time-Summer Jobs
Location: Banff, AB
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need experience in driving vehicles up to a one-ton classification and work experience in grounds and/or landscaping is an asset
- The candidate should have the ability to perform physically demanding tasks including heavy lifting, carrying, and long periods of walking, standing, and working in all weather conditions
- The candidate should have the knowledge of workplace safety programs
- The candidate should have a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license
- The candidate should have a current and clean driver’s abstract (required on employment start date)
- The candidate should be reliable, energetic, flexible, have a positive attitude, are willing to learn new tasks, have an eye for detail, and are ready to work outside in all temperatures and weather conditions
- The candidate should have skills such as accountability, professionalism, efficiency, teamwork, and integrity
- The candidate should follow the COVID safety rules
- The candidate should be able to take care of public green spaces, Recreation Grounds, playgrounds, and cemeteries
- The candidate should be able to take care of mowing and trimming of turf
- The candidate should be able to take care of weeding and litter picking
- The candidate should be able to take care of special events equipment delivery, including setup and tear down
- The candidate should be able to take care of other maintenance functions necessary to keep our public spaces and parks in the best possible condition for our residents’ and visitors’ enjoyment
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get a diverse and inclusive workforce
- The employees will be awarded with a $1.00 per hour bonus (to be paid on a final pay cheque) for each regular hour worked.
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various financial and compensatory benefits
Working for years, today The Town of Banff has grown a lot. The company’s official website has all the details in regards to Banff. The company is known to provide the best and accurate solutions for various issues for the population of Banff.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email, a fax, a mail or by dropping off (along with your resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Town of Banff, Box 1260, Banff, AB, T1L 1A1
By Dropping Off:
120 Hawk Avenue – Operations Office (ATTN – Agustina Rocha-Jaje)
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!