Plant worker, fish
Five Star Shellfish Inc. based in Ellerslie, PE is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Plant worker, fish. Five Star Shellfish Inc. is a raw molluscan shellfish processing facility that processes oysters and quahaugs. We have been in operation for 20 years and is family owned by Wyatt, Gordon, and the late Troy Jeffery of Christopher’s Cross, PE. We operate under the Quality Management Program and provides food safety assurance through stringent HACCP Controls and regulatory standards. Our team is dedicated to sustainable harvesting and preservation of wild fish stock. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Five Star Shellfish Inc.
Position: Plant worker, fish
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 1066 MILLIGAN’S WHARF RD, Ellerslie, PE, C0B 1J0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning
Work site environment: Candidates should work in noisy place
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates need experience of 7 months to less than 1 year
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, manually dexter and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should be able to cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing, scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife, disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing and also record production information
- The candidate should be able to check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing and also check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- The candidate should be able to set up and operate machines to can, bag, box or otherwise package fish and seafood products and also set up and operate machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate or otherwise process fish or seafood products
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!
Check the latest available jobs in Canada