Porcupine Wood Products Ltd. based in Salmo, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Sawmill worker. Porcupine Wood Products Ltd. is a family owned and operated business since 1993. We are a fully integrated forest company. Our staff is friendly, professionally trained, and dedicated to creating a community that is clean, safe, and secure. We offers year round employment, training programs, extended health benefits and retirement package. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Porcupine Wood Products Ltd
Position: Sawmill worker
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Salmo, BC
Work setting: Sawmill and planing mill
Work site environment: Candidates should work in noisy and dusty
Weight handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided.
Type of product: Lumber
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to sort, pile and transport wood products and also assist other processing workers
- The candidate should be able to clean machines and immediate work areas
- The employees get group insurance benefits
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
250-357-9479 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
8564 Hwy 6
V0G 1Z0 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!