CEC: Canadian Experience Class

What is the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

A fast way for highly skilled employees who have previously gained work experience in Canada and wish to become permanent residents.

What are the requirements for CEC?

Candidates for the CEC must meet the following requirements: have achieved at least one year of skilled, professional, or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the date of application; and have completed at least one year of post-secondary education.

  • For NOC B occupations, you must achieve or exceed a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 (“beginning intermediate”) or a CLB 7 (“sufficient intermediate proficiency”) for NOC skill level 0 or A positions.
  • Preparing to live and work outside the province of Quebec is a crucial step (individuals with work experience in Quebec and who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class).
  • Work experience in Canada is defined as at least 1,560 hours of skilled workers over one year (or twelve months). Full-time and part-time employment can be used to complete the 1,560 hours.
  • It is permissible for applicants to remain in Canada during the application procedure. Individuals who have left Canada but wish to apply for the Canadian Experience Class may do so as long as they submit their application within three years of leaving their previous position in Canada.
  • To pass the Canadian Experience Class requirements, you must either pass or fail. A candidate can be accepted into the Express Entry pool if they meet all of the conditions.
  • It is important to note that self-employment and job experience earned while you were a full-time student (for example, during a co-op work period) do not credit toward your CEC.
  • Experiential Learning
  • Within the last three years, the candidate must have gained at least one year of full-time or an equivalent amount of part-time skilled job experience in Canada. Obtaining Canadian work experience while on a valid work permit is required. The experience must have been earned in employment classified as skill type 0, A, or B under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC).
  • To participate in the Canadian Experience Class, there are no formal educational requirements.
  • As a result of the Express Entry program, there are some additional points that you may be eligible to receive for your schooling if you meet the following criteria:
  • If you attended school in Canada and have a certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary institution in Canada, you are eligible to apply.
  • Suppose you have received a foreign education and you have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency demonstrating that your foreign education is equivalent to a completed certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary school in Canada. In that case, you may be eligible to work in Canada.
  • It is only if your foreign education is equivalent to or more than a completed Canadian high school diploma that your ECA will be of advantage.

How to become a permanent resident through CEC?

It is possible to obtain permanent residency in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), an immigration category for those who have previously worked in Canada and wish to remain there. It is one of three programs controlled by Canada’s Express Entry Immigration System, one of the world’s most comprehensive.

The Admission Hub provides you with all of the information you need about the CEC. They are good candidates for permanent residency in Canada because they have previously demonstrated that they possess the necessary work skills for the Canadian economy and have integrated into Canadian society by establishing themselves in their community.

What is Express Entry, and how does it benefit you?

It is possible to apply for permanent residency through Express Entry if you meet the requirements set out by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

By creating an online Express Entry profile, each of these candidates has formally shown an interest in settling in Canada, a process known as “Expression of Interest.” Candidates that meet the eligibility requirements have their profiles approved into the Express Entry pool. They are assigned a score and rated according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on the personal information they have provided to the government.

Candidates from the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) and Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC), in addition to those with Canadian experience, are included in the pool (FSTC). Candidates are then invited to apply at the IRCC’s Express Entry drawings, conducted from the collection of candidates.

How is CEC Calculated?

All of your expert work experience must have been for a wage or commission, whichever is greater. It is not possible to count volunteer or unpaid internship hours.

If you work part-time, you can work more or less than 15 hours per week as long as the total hours worked to add to 1,560. To earn the hours you need to apply, you can take on more than one part-time employee.

A skilled worker’s experience is defined as follows by the Canadian National Occupational Classification:

  • Career opportunities in management (skill level 0)
  • Tasks requiring expertise (skill type A)
  • Job opportunities in the technical and skilled trades (skill type B)

One or more NOC 0, A, or B positions might count towards your work experience requirement.

What are the Job Requirements that must be met for CEC?

If you are applying for immigration to Canada, you would be required to meet all of the requirements for one of the work opportunities listed in the Canadian National Occupational Classification system (NOC). On the next page, you will discover a list of different jobs, and for each of them, you should have either the requisite certification or have received the appropriate training for the position you choose.

This means that you must be able to demonstrate that you fulfilled all of the functions outlined in your occupational description in the NOC, as well as all of the primary responsibilities. Otherwise, you will not be qualified to work in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class Program if you do not comply with this requirement.

How can one apply for CEC?

Step 1:

  • Get a Canadian work visa and put in a year’s worth of hard labor as a minimum requirement.
  • To apply for the CEC program in Canada, the first and most significant step is getting a work visa. When applying for the Canadian Experience Class, you need at least one year of work experience (or more if you work part-time).
  • To be eligible for a work visa, you must have paid work experience, such as salary or commissions, to qualify for a job in your field of expertise. Volunteer labor and unpaid internships are not included in the total number of hours worked for credit.

Step 2:

Obtaining eligibility and creating an Express Entry profile are the second and third steps in this process.

At this point, you will take an authorized Canadian language exam and create your Express Entry profile on the IRCC website, which the immigration officer will review. You will request the following information: you will be required to supply some personal information about yourself.

  • Age
  • Education
  • Competence in a language
  • income
  • Working in Canada is a plus.
  • Mate or girlfriend/boyfriend/girlfriend (if applicable)

Step 3:

Receiving an Invitation to Participate (ITA).

Waiting is the most difficult part of completing your Express Entry profile. For many people, receiving an ITA is a welcome relief from the stress of the visa application process. An Invitation to Apply (ITA) is a letter that permits those persons who have submitted a profile to Express Entry to apply for permanent residence in the country where they reside. You may expect your application to be handled in 6 months or less if you accept our invitation.

Step 4:

  • Completing a medical exam, providing background checks for security, and submitting an e-application.
  • Medical and criminal screening is performed on all candidates to determine if they are admissible or not. You must demonstrate that you have undergone a medical examination with a physician the IRCC has approved during this step.
  • In addition, you must present a police background check (also known as a clearance certificate) from each nation in which you have lived for at least six months since the age of eighteen years old. Past employers’ work reference letters must be included in the electronic application, filed within 60 days after acquiring an ITA.
  • You should complete your background checks and get job reference letters as soon as possible after receiving an invitation to apply.

Step 5:

Receiving written confirmation of permanent resident status and receiving a permanent resident identification card.

If you have filed an electronic application, a Canadian immigration officer will assess it and notify you if further action is necessary. It takes fewer than six months to complete most applications received through the Canadian Experience Class.

Your PR card will be issued once you have received confirmation of your immigration status. Using this card as proof of your Canadian residency is permissible if you go outside of the country while holding this card.

Several Reasons to Apply for the CEC in the Year 2022

As many as tens of thousands of foreign employees in Canada are being invited to register for the Canadian Experience Class through the Express Entry system. If you have worked in Canada for a year, you may be eligible for this program, which would allow you to become a permanent resident of Canada in a matter of months. Because of the COVID-19 epidemic starting in March 2020, the Express Entry pool has targeted many CEC candidates. So now is the time to apply!

The Canadian experience not only gives you extra points on your CRS score, but you also don’t need to present proof of sufficient finances, and you may expect speedier processing!!
To labor authorized

What criteria will be used to determine eligibility for CEC among Foreign candidates?

Foreign applicants who wish to be considered for CEC have several different alternatives.

The sponsored work permit program allows you to gain job experience in Canada while you are in the country.
Student visas are available for entry to Canada. For one year of study in Canada, you will be eligible for a one-year work permit if you are enrolled in an approved program. It is possible to qualify for a three-year work permit if you complete a two-year program. So you will have the opportunity to gain Canadian experience while also earning additional points in the Express Entry system for your Canadian education and job experience.

The intra-company transfer program allows you to come to Canada and gain valuable Canadian job experience.
Neither you nor your spouse needs to be a student to travel to this country, and the student’s partner can obtain an open work permit. You will be able to gain Canadian work experience while your spouse is studying in Canada.

Advantages of CEC:

Temporary foreign workers and international students are encouraged to settle in Canada as part of the CEC program, which is expanding. Those with specialized skills and international students can do the following:

  • Stay, work, and live wherever you want across the country!
  • The spouse can lawfully work anywhere in Canada if they sponsor their family in the country.
  • If you have lived in Canada for three years, you can apply for citizenship and receive a Canadian passport.
  • Have the same rights and privileges as other Canadian permanent residents or citizens, including access to medical services.
  • Canadian Experience Class allows candidates with one year or more work experience in Canada to increase their CRS points.
  • Because the evidence necessary for the Canadian Experience Class is low, applications under this category are handled promptly (between 3 to 4 months).
  • When applying for asylum under the Canadian Experience Class, you are not required to provide proof of funds such as the FSWC or FSTC, as with most other asylum seekers.

Immigration laws have recently changed in Canada, indicating that programs like the Skilled Worker Class are gradually being phased out. Programs like the CEC, which prioritize and give preference to those with Canadian education and job experience, have increased as those programs have decreased.

for further assistance contact us

or send mail: [email protected]

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker