Geneva Centre for Autism based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Child and youth worker. Geneva Centre for Autism support individuals with Autism in navigating each step with their journey, with a team of truely dedicated people. We provide cutting-edge research and training through our training institute and annual symposium. Our International Autism Symposium, a 3-day conference, brings in top researchers and professionals from around the world to discuss the latest findings and strategies in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Geneva Centre for Autism
Position: Child and youth worker
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 1 to 24 hours per week
Employment Type: Term or contract Part time
Location: Toronto, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend
Work Setting: Urban area, Social service or charity agency
Work site environment: Programs dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Weight handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: The candidate should have minimum qualification of College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience.
Experience: The candidate should have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate, CPR Certificate
Security and safety: Criminal record check, Medical exam
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be physically demanding.
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication skills and excellent written communication skills.
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client, in a flexible environment and also take initiative
- The candidate should be judgemental and a good team player.
- The candidate should be able to obtain information and prepare reports or case histories and also administrative and office activities.
- The candidate should be able to implement life skills workshops also assess client’s relevant skill strengths and development needs.
- The candidate should be able to develop, coordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community.
- The candidate should be able to resolve conflict situations also implement behaviour management programs.
- The candidate should maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research.
- The candidate should assist clients/guests with special needs in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs.
- The candidate should accompany clients to appointments and social outings.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!