Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard College based in Sydney (Nova Scotia) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Educational Technologist. The Canadian Coast Guard College can be termed as a national maritime training facility located on scenic Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Our college is defined as a national college that provides training and services in French and English. In all, we as a college work with delivering programs to support the College’s mission and mandate in marine safety, security and environmental protection. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidates need to work in Flexible Hours shifts. The profiles of the unselected candidates will be used for the further job vacancies.
Employer Name: Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard
Position: Educational Technologist
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $66,610 to $75,733 per year
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Sydney (Nova Scotia)
Last Date of Application: 23rd January 2024
Shifts: Flexible hours
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of technology, education or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
Experience: Candidates need experience of working in various departments the details to the same are explained below
To be determined
- The candidates need experience in providing technological support in the application of educational technologies or Learning Management Systems.
- The candidates need experience in providing support and training on the use of hardware and software products used in education.
- The candidates need graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution with a Masters in the field of Education with a specialization in educational technology as an asset education
- The candidates need experience developing and supporting training using the Moodle Learning Management System as an asset experience
- The candidates need knowledge of the principles associated with pedagogy, andragogy, and the application of technology in training delivery.
- The candidates need knowledge of the hardware, software, methodologies, and techniques involved in the production of learning material and resources.
- The candidates need knowledge of the tools, characteristics, and current developments associated with synchronous learning and asynchronous learning.
- The candidate should have the knowledge of trends, developments and technological advances related to e-learning systems.
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- The candidate should be able to work with client service orientation
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be able work with an initiative
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal relations
- The candidate must agree to carry out overtime and to travel within the framework of their employment
- The candidate should have a valid Driver’s License
- The candidates should fully COVID-19 vaccinated
To be determined
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get an inclusive and a barrier free work environment
- The employees get to work in a place who is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve.
- The employees get employment equity at the work environment
- The employees get competitive salary and other financial benefits
- The employees get to work in accordance to flexible work arrangements, volunteer days, and family-related leave
- The employees get learning and training opportunities to get support in their current and future career
- The employees get to work with one of the Canada’s top employers
The Canadian Coast Guard College is known to be unique and has specialized training sought after by organizations around the world. Every year, there remain thousands of highly trained graduates who join their colleagues as Coast Guard officers to provide services that are critical to Canadians.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!