Fraser Valley Packers Inc. based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm Supervisor. Fraser Valley Packers Inc. is a well-known part of the Support Activities for Crop Production Industry. We are known as One of Canada’s Preeminent Blueberry Producers. We are one of the largest highbush blueberry suppliers in the world. We are based in the place where over 90% of Canada’s cultivated commercial blueberry crop is grown. We have 200 expert employees working with us. Every year, we generate sales of $34.78 million (USD).
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Fraser Valley Packers Inc.
Position: Farm Supervisor
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.50 hourly for 40 to 48 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Shifts: To be determined
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need any standard educational qualification such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 2-3 years
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Candidates need equipment and machinery experience such as Harvesters
Type of Crops: Blueberries
Own Tools/Equipment: Safety equipment/gear, Steel-toed safety boots, Gloves
Ability to Supervise: 16-20 people
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to maintain work records and logs
- The candidate should be able to hire and train staff
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to maintain quality control and production records
- The candidate should be able to develop work schedules and establish procedures
- The candidate should be able to ensure farm safety and biosecurity procedures are followed
- The candidate should have landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists specific skills such as Tying, Weeding and Shoot positioning
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get various career development opportunities
- The employees get various financial and compensatory benefits
With over 80 years of experience, Fraser Valley Packers Inc. is one of the world’s highest quantity blueberry producers. The company also takes care of quality with quantity when it comes to production. The company is known to use advanced production techniques and develop those techniques with more and more days, months and years.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply by sending an email directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!