Leray Gardens based in Prud’homme, SK is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Greenhouse worker. Leray Gardens has been growing bedding plants and more in Saskatchewan conditions for over twenty years and enjoys the reputation of being a unique garden experience. We are a family owned and operated greenhouse garden. We are pleased to be able to target the small growers. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. This position of Greenhouse worker is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Leray Gardens
Position: Greenhouse worker
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $13.00 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Part time leading to full time, Seasonal employment
Location: Prud’homme, SK
Shifts: Day, 08:00 to 16:30
Work site environment: Candidates should work in floriculture production, wet/damp, hot and non-smoking area
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Type of product: Ferns, Perennials, Bedding plants, Seasonal plants, Tropical plants and Vegetables
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling and large workload
- The candidate should be physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Mechanical seeder and also Mechanical sprayer
- The candidate should be able for cleaning crop, clipping, deleafing, greenhouse cleaning, mixing fertilizer, tying and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to mix and prepare soils, pot and re-pot plants, transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings and also apply fertilizers
- The candidate should be able to report signs of insect or disease damage, water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens and also clean work area
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting to experience, and Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!