Okeya Kyujiro is a well-known Sushi restaurant located in Montreal Canada. The restaurant is known for its food items being imported directly from Japan, fresh fish is also acquired from all over the world. The restaurant has a team of experienced Chefs who meticulously select fish that suit the season, and use additional methods when necessary to maximize its umami (“delicious taste”). With its team of experts, the restaurant is known to make it possible to indulge in Edomae sushi, as if the customers in the restaurant were in Japan. As of now, Okeya Kyujiro is inviting applications for the role of Head Chef from any of the eligible candidates. The candidates who have a valid work permit in Canada should start applying for this LMIA approved job right away.
Full Job Description:
Employer Name: Okeya Kyujiro
Position: Head Chef
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $28.00 hourly, for 30 to 40 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 1227 Rue de la Montagne, Montréal, QC, H3G 1Z2
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime
Cuisine Specialties: Japanese cuisine
Work Setting: Restaurant
Ranks of Chefs: Head Chef
Food Specialities: Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms, Stocks, soups and sauces, meat, poultry and game, fish and seafood, eggs and dairy
Transportation/Travel Information: Public Transportation is Available
Work Location Information: Urban Area
Languages: English or French
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 3-5 Years
Physical Requirements: To Be Determined
- The candidate should be able to train staff in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
- The candidate should be able to maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- The candidate should be able to analyze operating costs and other data
- The candidate should be able to prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- The candidate should be able to requisition food and kitchen supplies
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- The candidate should be able to recruit and hire staff
- The candidate should be able to plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- The candidate should be able to estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- The candidate should be able to supervise the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- The candidate should be able to arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- The candidate should be able to supervise around 5-10 people
- The employees get to work in a practical environment
- The chef (employee) gets an opportunity to being getting known by people by cooking in front of buyers
- The employees get various benefits from the list of benefits of careers and labour market trends such as paid leaves, vacations, workplace discounts etc.
Okeya Kyujiro is known to commit to serving fresh dishes of the highest quality, whilst offering multi-sensory entertainment as well. In addition to quality food, the restaurant is known to also wish you to experience Japanese culture, special attention is given to using authentic dining ware and cooking tools. Okeya Kyujiro is one of the most famous restaurants to value customers’ time with them and wish for it to be an alive, interactive experience.
How to apply
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!