General labourer – farm
rare Charitable Research Reserve based in Cambridge, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – farm. rare Charitable Research Reserve is a community-based urban land trust and environmental institute that protects over 1,200 acres of highly sensitive lands across 7 properties in Waterloo Region and Wellington County. We manage over 12 kilometres of trails free and open for the public. We seek to make the world a more sustainable place. We believe we can achieve this by acknowledging that people are a part of the environment. By working together, we can protect our natural spaces for our enjoyment and well-being, today and into the future. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: rare Charitable Research Reserve
Position: General labourer – farm
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $19.95 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Term or contract employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes and involves supporting green economy sectors)
Location: Cambridge, ON
Shifts: Day, 08:00 to 15:30
Work setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in fruit and vegetable combination farming, organic farming, outdoors, wet/damp and hot place
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Type of crops: Apples, Asparagus, Bell peppers, Blueberries, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflowers, Cucumbers, Garlic, Grapes, Onions, Raspberries, Soybeans, Strawberries, Tomatoes and Zucchinis
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, walk, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able for hand harvesting vegetables, mixing fertilizer, permaculture, greenhouse cleaning, seed cutting and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to hoe crops, clean crops, plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, fertilize and spray crops and also harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to examine produce for quality and prepare for market, detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry and also write daily basic progress reports
- The employees get free parking availability and team building opportunities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
- Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!