Housekeeping JobsAre you interested in starting a brand-new, exhilarating job? Or perhaps you’d want to brush up on your understanding of housekeeping jobs. When it comes to the hospitality industry, the housekeeping department is an essential component, but you may be wondering how it operates. When it comes to keeping a hotel operating efficiently, cleaning employees is vital. A housekeeping job may be the perfect springboard for a successful and satisfying career in the hospitality industry. Throughout this article, you’ll be able to go through the many responsibilities of housekeeping jobs.
Different types of housekeeping jobs:
Housekeeping Attendant:One of the most important roles on the Housekeeping Job is that of Housekeeping Attendant. The Cleaning Attendant cleans guest rooms, responds to guests’ housekeeping requests, and ensures their general well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Housekeeping Attendant:
- Clean rooms according to Hotels requirements
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the necessary handling methods
- Responds to guests and staff queries, requests, and complaints quickly and politely
- Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are noted on the worksheet and given to the
- Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift.
- Ensures any maintenance and safety risks are quickly reported
- Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is used appropriately and secure at all times
- Reports any odd or suspicious persons/activities occurring in the area of security to the management
- Reports any maintenance concerns like burnt out light bulbs
- Check beneath bed, drawers, and closet for left behind goods and possibly garbage
- Cleans sink and fixtures and replenish all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee, and other amenities
- Remove clothing from dryers and fold quickly to minimize wrinkling.
Room Attendant:The Room Attendant’s job is to keep the room clean and fresh for all guests. Prepares each room according to the hotel’s service standards for the arrival of new guests.
Role and Responsibilities
- All guestrooms and related spaces must be kept clean and in good working order by this person.
- Ensure that all housekeeping activities are carried out and maintained to high standards at all times.
- Responsible for the care and repair of your equipment during each shift. Any defaults must be notified to the Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
- Practice the recycling of linen and toweling, as per specified hotels regulations.
- Removal of all garbage in waste bins and ashtrays
- Cleaning by washing and drying of all surfaces in the bathroom
- Wash paintwork and doors as necessary as ordered by the Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
- Report any blankets, duvets, duvet covers, or mattress pads in need of changing.
- Render personal help to guests by carrying out food trays and newspapers.
- Responsible for collecting worksheets each morning with key and returning each after the shift.