Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority based in Inuvik is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Home Care Registered Nurse. Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority is known to offer challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. We have service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. We are known to provide all challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
Position: Home Care Registered Nurse
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $91,494 to $109,259 per year also a $6000 supplement upon hire and an additional $6000 supplement after completion of 12 months of continuous employment contingent on remaining employed in an eligible position for a further 12 months (applicable to tax benefits and deductions)
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: To be determined
Job ID: 23360
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Languages
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as completion of a BScN or BN degree program
Experience: Candidates need experience of at least 2 years of recent, acute care nursing experience in a medical, surgical, home care or community health environment
- The candidate should be able to work to frontline Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery positions within the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
- The candidate should have skills such as independent thinking, judgment and critical decision-making skills for the delivery and management of nursing care for home care clients and also be able to work independently and collaboratively in the community
- The candidate should be able to report to the NIC Regional Homecare Inuvik, the HCRN is a registered nurse with advanced education and experience beyond the scope of a graduate nurse
- The candidate should be able to work in comparison to the hospital setting, physicians and other supportive resources are not readily available to the nurse and also models and and promotes excellence through the hands on delivery of nursing care to residents of Inuvik
- The candidate may be assigned to all of the program areas (Wound Care, Palliative Care, Chronic Care, Foot Care and Home Intravenous Therapy)
- The candidate should be able to make six to eight home visits a day and coordinates the care of 15-25 clients concurrently and also set priorities, develop work plans and manage workloads, while balancing each individual client’s need, complexity and acuity
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!