MountainView Accomodation based in Whistler, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hotel front desk clerk. MountainView Accomodation has been managing rental rooms since 2007 in the heart of Whistler Village. Our services includes advanced information about guest’s stay, direct check-in, guest services for any of the questions or activity information you might need, maintenance and housekeeping staff on location, and the very highest level of room standards, fully stocked kitchens, triple sheeting of beds, free WIFI, local calls in from every suite, and ongoing upgrades in all of our units. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as 2022-08-15.
Employer Name: MountainView Accomodation
Position: Hotel front desk clerk
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.00 per hour for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Student Job
Location: Whistler, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours and Morning
Work Location Information: Staff accommodation is available, willing to relocate and relocation costs are not covered by employer
Work Setting: Hospitality industry and hotel, motel, resort
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English, Spanish, Castilian Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: Candidates must have knowledge of Word processing software, Spreadsheet, Opera, Internet and Central reservation system (CRS)
Transportation or Travel Information: Valid driver’s licence, Travel expenses not paid by employer and Public transportation is available
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to judge the situation
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication
- The candidate should have an excellent written communication
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should be someone who can be depended on
- The candidate should be able to take, cancel and change room reservations
- The candidate should be able to register arriving guests and assign rooms
- The candidate should be able to provide information on hotel facilities and services
- The candidate should be able to process group arrivals and departures
- The candidate should be able to process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- The candidate should be able to perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- The candidate should be able to investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- The candidate should be able to answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- The candidate should be able to clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- The candidate should be able to provide general information about points of interest in the area
- The candidate should be able to follow emergency and safety procedures
- The candidate should be able to provide customer service
- The candidate should be able to assist clients or guests with special needs
- The employees get health care plan and dental plan
- The employees get team building opportunities
- The employees get bonus
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, cover letter and letter of recommendation) through below mentioned details.
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!