Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan based in Lake County, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Lifeguard, Canada Summer Jobs. Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan provides a life changing experience. At our place Children can build healthy, supportive relationships with caring adult role models, which in turn can positively influence the life path they choose. We also encourage healthy, respectful relationships with peers and family members. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or internship employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan
Position: Lifeguard, Canada Summer Jobs
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $17.78 per hour, for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Kelowna & Lake Country
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to provide the current NLS Certification.
- The candidate should be able to provide the First Aid/CPR Certification
- The candidates should be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- The candidate should be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the knowledge of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- The candidate should have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial and territorial legislation and regulations.
- The candidate should have the successful completion of Agency screening process, including criminal record check
- The candidate should be able to work in partnership with the Program Managers to establish safety rules and expectations.
- The candidate should be able to ensure the water safety rules and procedures are followed by members and staff.
- The candidate should be able to provide water safety and basic knowledge/education to staff, volunteers and members.
- The candidate should be able to establish, communicate and enforce water-front rules.
- The candidate should be able to monitor water-front areas and rescue any person in difficulty.
- The candidate should be able to set-up an area for programs with water-based activities.
- The candidate should be able to check that all safety equipment is present and in good condition.
- The candidate should be able to complete incident reports as needed.
- The candidate should be able to perform other related duties as required.
- The employees get equal and diverse work opportunities
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and compensatory benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get accommodation facilities provided by the employer (if required)
- The employees get many opportunities of personal development
- The employees get a fun, positive work environment
In 1959, The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan was discovered by a group of concerned citizens of Kelowna. The club was quickly discovered to help kids. The club has been working to provide a safe and positive place to boys and girls developing to youngsters.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!