Maple Leaf Foods based in Hanover/Ontario is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Part-Time Egg Gatherer. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. As of now, we have the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to part time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Foods
Position: Part-Time Egg Gatherer
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $19.46 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Hanover, Ontario
Job ID: 22052709
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a secondary education
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having manufacturing environment experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to understand the company being an agricultural facility and therefore it will be handling live animals.
- The candidate should be able to complete the required paperwork
- The candidate should be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
- The candidate should have the desire to learn
- The candidate should have commitment to safe work practices
- The candidate should be able adhere to CHEQ, Biosecurity & Animal Welfare requirements (Training will be provided)
- The candidate should be willing and able to work weekends and Statutory holidays
- The candidate should be able to work independently
- The candidate must have reliable transportation to the farm
- The candidate should be able to receive the eggs from the farms to distribute chicks to many growers across the province.
- The candidate should be able to collect eggs at the barn
- The candidate should be able to handle up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered get transported to the hatcher when they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province.
- The candidate should be able to gather eggs
- The candidate should be able to clean/sort eggs
- The candidate should be able to take care of general cleaning/sanitation
- The candidate should be able to perform other duties as assigned
- The employees get the benefits of competitive wages
- The employees get the benefits of annual wage review completed to ensure wages remain competitive across MLF and external companies
- The employees get pay progressive after every 6 months
- The employees get health benefits such as (Healthcare/medical and Dental through SunLife) after 3 months of working
- The employees get the benefits of pension with Manulife after 2 years of working
- The employees the benefits of career advancement within company (we’ve had many employees move up to higher paying hourly positions (i.e. Lead Hands, Assistant Supervisors) and salary positions as well (i.e. Production Supervisors
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) through Morneau Shepell, paid by company
- The employees get the benefits of Inkblot online (CBT) cognitive behavioural therapy
- The employees to attend employee’s events throughout the year
- The employees get the benefits of employees sales for product throughout the year
- The employees get safety in accordance to COVID-19 protocols including face masks, face shields and physical barriers within Production
- The employees get training provided where needed
- The employees get to work in a reputable company
- The employees get competitive wages
- The employees get opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
- The employees get a great team environment
- The employees get a strong focus on internal advancement
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Assistance Program
- The employees get equal employment opportunities with a diverse workforce
Working for years, Maple Leaf Foods have people who are passionate about the work they do and the products they make. The company is known to be determined to leverage its integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending a fax or an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!