Gordon Food Service based in Thorold, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Summer Delivery Helper. Gordon Food Service is a well-known foodservice distributor based in Wyoming, Michigan. We work with serving the Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest regions of the United States and coast-to-coast in Canada. We operate stores in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. Our company is the twenty-second largest privately held company in the United States. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or contract/seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Gordon Food Service
Position: Summer Delivery Helper
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: 19.00 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be physically fit
- The candidate should have the ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- The candidate should be able to deliver outdoors in all seasonal weather
- The candidates need overtime paid at time and a half after 40 hours/week
- The candidate should be able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 90 lbs)
- The candidate should have strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- The candidates having previous manual labour experience are preferred
- The candidate should have the ability to handle all types of food and beverage products including seafood, beef, pork, produce, wine, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- The candidate should be able to provide exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- The candidate should be able to perform manual sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 – 1000 cases/shift)
- The candidate should be able to perform product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- The candidate should be able to follow health and safety and safe work procedures
- The candidate should be able to follow company policies and procedures
- The employees get equal and diverse work opportunities
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and compensatory benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get accommodation facilities provided by the employer (if required)
- The employees get paid leave benefits such as paid leaves, casual leaves and vacations
For 125 years, Gordon Food Service has delivered the excellence, expertise, and quality products our customers need to design successful food operations and experiences. The company have grown to become the largest family-operated broadline food distribution company in North America by upholding the same business approach since 1897. In all, the company has been passionately committed to the people it serves.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!