Canadian Pacific based in Swift Current, SK is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Track Maintainer/Labourer. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Day, Work, Time and Night shifts. All the application information is going to be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
Position: Track Maintainer/Labourer
Department: Track Maintainer/Labourer
Salary: $23.51 hourly
Employment Type: Full time
Position Type: Union
Location: Swift Current, Saskatchewan
Job Availability To: Internal and External
Shifts: Day, Work, Time, Night
% Of Travel: 90-100%
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as High School diploma or GED
Experience: Candidates don’t need any experience although having experience is an asset
To be determined
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines. The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- The candidate must live within 30 kms of Swift Current, SK
- The candidate having a valid driver’s license is preferred
- The candidate having a valid Class 3 license would be considered an asset
- The candidate should have a safety-oriented work ethic supported by experience within the labour industry
- The candidate should have the ability to follow instructions and rules and regulations
- The candidate should have the ability to work as a valuable member of a team
- The candidate should have good written and verbal communication/comprehension skills
- The candidate should moderate to heavy physical labour on an assigned area of track. This work involves Pulling track spikes, Applying rail anchors, Shoveling crushed rock and Bending and lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should have an emphasis on safety that is critical for all employees. This can be a high risk environment as the candidate will be working around heavy moving equipment
- The candidate must remain focused at all times and be willing to work in a team environment
- The candidate will be required to be away from home and will stay in with meal allowance provided
- The work can be seasonal and employees may be laid off at the end of the work season.
- The candidate will also be called back as needed (and in seniority order) for the next work season.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
Incorporated in 1881, the Canadian Pacific was formed with a vision to physically unite Canada and Canadians from coast to coast. Working for years, the company is considered as a well developed company. Even today and in future, the building of the Canadian Pacific Railway will be considered to be one of Canada’s greatest feats of engineering.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and being suitable for the additional requirements) through below mentioned details.
- The candidate should be able to fulfill medical requirements
- The candidate should be able to fulfill background checks such as Criminal history check, Reference check and Education verification
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!