C&B Farms Inc. based in Leamington, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Worker, Farm. C&B Farms Inc. grows a wide array of specialty vegetables and herbs both conventionally and organically. We consist of farms located at Clewiston, Florida and Baxley, Georgia. Our staple remains in specialty produce. A few popular items that we grow are Organic Green Beans, Conventional and Organic Herbs, Baby Bok Choy, Cabbage (Green & Red), as well as an assortment of greens, radish and many others. We work with being focused on safe, healthy and sustainable food.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: C&B Farms Inc.
Position: Worker, Farm
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 40 to 55 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Leamington, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, At heights, Wet/damp, Odours, Hot, Non-smoking
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is not available
Work Location Information: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need any standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Weight Handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Type of Product: Vegetables
Type of Crops: Greenhouse vegetables
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to handle large workloads
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to report signs of insect or disease damage
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants
- The candidate should be able to clean work area
- The candidate should have landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists specific skills such as Cleaning crop, Clipping, Deleafing, Suckering, Tying, Shoot positioning, Greenhouse cleaning and Lowering
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and gratuities
- The employees get to work in a family owned company
- The employees health benefits in a form of a health care plan
- The employees get to have career development opportunities
C&B Farms Inc. was formed by Chuck’s interest in growing things starting after his first semester of college at American University in Washington, D.C. The company was started with Chuck’s curiosity to work at a farm. With the company, Chuck established a longstanding reputation in the produce industry. The company is growing due to his on going dedication to quality foods.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!