Apple Valley Foods Inc based in Kentville, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of a Labourer – food and beverage processing. Apple Valley Foods Inc. is one of Canada’s largest pie manufacturers. Nothing beats the taste of our homemade-like pies, and we are proud to share that passion with customers all over North America. We distribute from coast to coast in Canada. Products are distributed in the United States by our parent company, Harlan Bakeries Inc. of Indiana. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full-time or Term or contract. The shifts the candidate has to work are Evening, Night, Weekend, and Overtime.
Employer Name: Apple Valley Foods Inc
Position: Labourer – food and beverage processing
No of Vacancies: 6
Salary: $16.50 hourly for 30 to 50 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Kentville, NS
Shifts: Evening, Night, Weekend, and Overtime
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
Other Languages: Kentville, NS
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Work Setting: Food and beverage plant, Bakery
Work Site Environment: Wet/damp, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to do repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to do physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be flexible
- The candidate should be reliable
- The candidate should be able to remove filled containers from conveyors
- The candidate should be able to manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- The candidate should be able to feed and unload processing machines
- The candidate should be able to feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- The candidate should be able to clean machines and immediate work areas
- The candidate should be able to check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- The candidate should be able to assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- The candidate should be able to transport raw materials, finished products, and packaging materials
- The candidate should be able to measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get a dental plan
- The employees get free parking available
- The employees get financial benefits such as a competitive salary
Apple Valley Foods Inc. is one of Canada’s largest pie manufacturers. Our best-selling pies are made with apples primarily from the Annapolis Valley and Ontario. As needed for production, apples are peeled, cored, and sliced on-site. The finest Canadian wheat flour is used to make our crust. Nothing could be more current! Blueberry pies are made with wild Nova Scotia berries. All fillings are made from scratch and only grade-A fruit is used. Our facility is SQF certified. Apple Valley prioritizes safety and quality.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or In-person(along with your resume and be prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
30 Chipman Drive
B4N 3V7 Between 08:00 AM and 04:30 PM
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada
- Are you currently a student?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!