Always Home Childcare Services Inc based in Prince George, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator (ECE). Always Home Childcare Services Inc offers in-home childcare, where experienced and qualified caregivers come to the child’s home to provide personalized care. Our service allows children to stay in a familiar environment while receiving individual attention and supervision. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Always Home Childcare Services Inc
Position: Early childhood educator (ECE)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Prince George, BC
Work setting: Before and after school programs, Child care centre
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as college, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or early childhood education and teaching or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years
Credentials: Emergency child care first aid and CPR, Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Security and safety: Vulnerable sector check
- Canadian citizen and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers, develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, supervise staff, trainees or volunteers, storytelling, lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, order supplies and equipment
- The candidates should be able to support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity, guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- The candidates should be able to maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods, observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor, submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors, discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of Day Nurseries Act
- The candidates should be able to knowledge of licensing regulations, establish guidelines for behaviour, assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members, attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The candidates should be able to plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children, plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours, supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, and vision care benefits
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, and proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!