Fruit farm labourer – Apples and Grapes
Dorenburg Orchards Ltd. based in Winfield, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit farm labourer. Dorenburg Orchards Ltd. has been growing apples since 1949. Today, our award-winning Ambrosias, Gala and Sunrise apples reflect decades of family wisdom blended with the latest agricultural techniques. Ever since Louis van Roechoudt pioneered the dwarf trellis system in the Okanagan, our family has embraced innovative growing methods, management systems, and varieties. We were one of the first orchards to commercially plant the Ambrosia apple back in the 1990s. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Dorenburg Orchards Ltd.
Position: Fruit farm labourer
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.05 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Term or contract employment
Location: Winfield, BC
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Staff accommodation is available
Work site environment: Candidates should work in fruit and vegetable combination farming, outdoors, viticulture, at heights, wet/damp, noisy, dusty and hot place
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Type of crops: Apples and Grapes
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, under pressure, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, distinguish between colours, stand for extended periods, walk and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able for clipping, deleafing, fruit trees training, shoot positioning, suckering, tying and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops and also harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to maintain and manage growth of vines, vine canopy and grapes
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!