For over 60 years, Denny’s Fort St John has been a place where people can come in, sit down and connect with one another over great food. It’s a well-known place that was founded on community, where a person can have “the usual” or try something new. Denny’s is known to always remain open and always dishes 24/7. As of now, Denny’s Fort St John is inviting applications for the role of Line Cook from any of the eligible candidates who reside in Canada with an attractive salary package. The candidates who have or don’t have a valid work permit in Canada but are permanent residents of Canada should start applying for this LMIA approved job right away.
Employer Name: Denny’s Fort St John
Position: Line Cook
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $16.25 hourly, for 40 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 8322 86 Street, Fort St. John, BC, V1J 0R4
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Cook Categories: Cook (general), Line cook
Work Setting: Restaurant, Bar
Work Location Information: Urban Area
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidate should have an initiative
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should have judgment skills
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- The candidate should be able to supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- The candidate should be able to order supplies and equipment
- The candidate should be able to inspect kitchens and food service areas
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- The candidate should be able to clean kitchen and work areas
- The candidate should be able to maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- The candidate should be able to plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- The employees can work for flexible Hours
- The employees get competitive base salary
- The employees get tips / tip-out (depending on role)
- The Employee discounts on meals at Denny’s
- The Employees get discounts with Moxies, Shark Club, Chop and Sandman hotels
- The employee’s get various Development Opportunities
- The company gives medical and health benefits for full time employees
Denny’s Restaurants is known to have been providing guests with great food at a great value and constantly working towards becoming the world’s largest, most admired local restaurant brands. With a spread of 70 locations across Canada, there are plenty of opportunities to experience the best in family dining.
How to apply:
Without being biased, the employer is providing equal opportunities for the applicants who are eligible for this job. The candidate could be anyone from the group of Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, he/she just has to be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada and a candidate who has or doesn’t have a work permit in Canada.
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!