RUTHVEN NURSERY & GARDEN CENTRE based in Ruthven, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nursery worker. RUTHVEN NURSERY & GARDEN CENTRE is a family-owned and operated farm since 1980. We have more 40 years of experience in this industry and are well-known in the community. Besides plants, we also sales hard goods, lawn materials, outdoor furniture and ornaments. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: RUTHVEN NURSERY & GARDEN CENTRE
Position: Nursery worker
No of Vacancies: 7
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 54 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes)
Location: Ruthven, ON
Shifts: Day, Early Morning and Morning
Work Setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in outdoors, hot and wet or damp area
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided.
Type of product: Coniferous trees, Deciduous trees, Native plants, Perennials and Ornamental trees, shrubs and hedges
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, stand for extended periods, pay attention to detail and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have an efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to Cleaning crop, Greenhouse cleaning and also Clean work area
- The candidate should be able to Clipping, Weeding, Assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants, Mix and prepare soils, Pot and re-pot plants, Transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings, Report signs of insect or disease damage, Dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs and also Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending email (along with your resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!