Air Canada based in Montreal, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Onboard Experience Mentor, In-Flight Services. Air Canada can be termed as Canada’s largest domestic and international airline that is serving more than 210 airports on six varied continents. Our company is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and serves more than 50 million customers each year. We are a company governed by an eleven-member Board of Directors committed to meeting high standards of corporate governance in all aspects of the Corporation’s affairs. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Air Canada
Position: Onboard Experience Mentor, In-Flight Services
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: Salary is not mentioned by the supplier, $450 weekly salary estimated by Canadian Job Bank.
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Montreal, QC
Department: Inflight Service
Employment Type: Permanent
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the Bilingual Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Candidates need a previous Flight Attendant experience required
- The candidate should be able to support and develop our amazing Rouge Crew as they continue to create memorable moments by delivering an outstanding experience for travelers everywhere
- The candidate should be able to be proud to deliver and are always looking for ways to make the onboard experience even better. The candidate should be able to gather feedback on what is and isn’t working for both passengers and Rouge Crew
- The candidate should be an enthusiastic team player with experience as a flight attendant or Lead and a passion for customer service
- The candidate should be customer-focused, with excellent communication, conflict resolution, leadership and interpersonal skills and be able to work without direct supervision and also need to be flexible, open-minded and resilient
- The candidate should be able to complete the flight attendant initial training course and maintain their qualifications
- The candidate should have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to demonstrate leadership skills, professional maturity and mutual respect
- The candidate should have the proven ability to work well with others, proactive and enthusiastic team player and demonstrate flexibility and embraces change with ease
- The candidate should be highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation and also have willingness and ability to travel
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate impeccable grooming
- The candidate should be able to ensure Safety remains the number one priority while creating a positive onboard experience through leadership, consistency and recognition of exemplary service that exudes Canadian Charm and is Friendly + all while keeping Efficiency in mind
- The candidate should be able to report to the Onboard Experience Leader
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!