Parks Canada/Parcs Canada based in Lake Louise, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Plumber. Parks Canada/Parcs Canada is the agency of the Government of Canada which manages the country’s 48 National Parks, three National Marine Conservation Areas, 172 National Historic Sites, one National Urban Park, and one National Landmark since 1911. We also administers lands and waters set aside as potential national parklands, including 10 National Park Reserves and one National Marine Conservation Area Reserve. We cooperatively manages a large majority of their protected areas and heritage sites with Indigenous partners. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Parks Canada/Parcs Canada
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $32.91 to $35.77 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes and Involves supporting green economy sectors)
Location: Lake Louise, AB
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Various locations, commercial, industrial, residential and willing to relocate
Security and safety: Basic security clearance required and criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required, own vehicle required and valid driver’s licence required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates need experience of 5 years or more
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Plumber Red Seal Certificate
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be someone who can judge and also a team player
- The candidate should have accuracy and also efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors, cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment, test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges, determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing and also measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- The candidate should be able to read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems, install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems and also instruct apprentices
- The employees get dental plan, disability benefits, health care plan and vision care benefits
- The employees get as per collective agreement
- The employees get group insurance benefits, maternity and parental benefits and pension plan
- The employees get free parking availability, learning/training paid by employer, on-site amenities, on-site housing options, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), team building opportunities, parking availability and variable or compressed work week
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, References attesting experience, and Proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!