AMS of UBC based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Sous-chef. AMS of UBC is the student society of UBC Vancouver and represents more than 58,000 undergraduate and graduate students at UBC’s Vancouver campus and their affiliated colleges since 1915. We are a non-profit organization and multi-million company. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: AMS of UBC
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $55,000 annually for 37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: School or educational institution/establishment
Ranks of chefs: Sous-chef
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Candidates need experience of 7 months to less than 1 year
Cuisine specialties: South Indian and East Indian
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment and also pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be able to maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory, instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food and also prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions, prepare and cook meals or specialty foods, requisition food and kitchen supplies, estimate food requirements and food and labour costs and also plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- The candidate should be able to supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers, supervise cooks and other kitchen staff, recruit and hire staff and also train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- The employees get dental plan, health care plan and vision care benefits
- The employees get Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!