Dosirak Restaurant based in Parksville, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cook. Dosirak Restaurant is known to be working with being passionate about cooking REAL Korean and northeast Asian cuisine. Our restaurant and chef are known to be precise of Korean heritage. We want to change the narrative of how people view Asian food, particularly Korean cuisine, and be a strong ambassador and cultural advocate for authenticity. In all, our hotel is known as a place that invites the customers with traditional recipes and modern fusion inventions that mirror those from Korea. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Night, Weekend and To Be Determined shifts. This position of Cook is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Dosirak Restaurant
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 per hour for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 259 Island Hwy E, Parksville, BC, V9P 1T5
Shifts: Night, Weekend, To Be Determined
Work Setting: Restaurant
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the French Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as a secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 3-5 years
Cook Categories: Cook (general)
To be determined
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- The candidate should be able to supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- The candidate should be able to order supplies and equipment
- The candidate should be able to manage kitchen operation
- The candidate should be able to inspect kitchens and food service areas
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- The candidate should be able to clean kitchen and work areas
- The candidate should be able to maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- The candidate should be able to plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
- The employees get to learn and improve various cooking skills
- The employees get free food and refreshments at work
The restaurant, Dosirak Restaurant is known to be not working about traditional recipes but instead a love letter to the taste, philosophy, and core identity of Korean flavors and culture. The restaurant is known to prepare dishes where each ingredient compliments one another and has a role in the taste, aroma, texture, and aesthetic of the final dish that is presented.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or a mail (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
259 Island Hwy E
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!