Canadian Pacific based in Port Coquitlam is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Storeperson. Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. We work with directly linking to major ports on the west and east coasts. We are well-known to provide North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. We are growing with our customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Canadian Pacific
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Port Coquitlam and British Columbia
Shifts: To be determined
Department: Mechanical Car
Position Type: Union
Job Available to: Internal & External
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications (details are mentioned below)
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be completely vaccinated in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines.
- The candidates also need to confirm with their vaccination certificates
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all health related requirements
- The candidate should have got done with criminal history check, reference check and education verification
- The candidates must successfully complete formal forklift training program given by qualified trainer and have passed all examinations associated with training
- The candidate having six months’ experience in a warehouse environment, with a proven record of operating material handling equipment an asset
- The candidate having experience with computerized inventory control systems SAP,EXCEL,MERLIN would be an asset
- The candidate should have basic knowledge of on-line computer terminal operations also must be able to lift up to 10 kg after having received instructions and training; and up to 45 kg after having received training and written instructions
- The candidate must be available to work on various shifts
- The candidate having typing capability would be an asset
- The candidate must wear personal protective equipment, as required, i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, and gloves
- The candidate should be able to receive, warehouse, issue or ship supplies and material utilized in the operation of the railroad
- The candidate should be able to ensures or performs accurate and timely information in SAP electronically through the use of a computer also coordinates picking and shipping of all material to customer locations in accordance with shipping schedules
- The candidate may be required to work outdoors in all weather and must come to work prepared with proper clothing and also perform any related duties, as requested
- The candidate should be able to perform tasks with operate forklift, computer, metal cutter, electric crane and hand boom
- The candidate should be able to perform his/her work in a safe manner also perform authorized functions necessary to receive and issue material, either manually or electronically on a computer terminal including maintaining bin locations, entering stock counts, etc
- The candidate should be able to identity, verify and ensure the accuracy of shipments of material received from suppliers, shops and other stories also store material in the appropriate warehouse location either manually or with the use of appropriate material handling equipment
- The candidate should be able to verify storage bin locations and take corrective action as required also perform accurate counts of material received, issued, shipped or on hand
- The candidate should be able to issue required material to appropriate users according to requisitions which may be received in either paper or electronic form and also pick material required by users. May have to use material handling equipment
- The candidate should be able to rack and prepare material for shipment. This includes completing all related forms such as labels, postal forms, waybills, and shipping documents, etc. also load/unload materials from or into rail cars, trailers, and trucks, and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using appropriate equipment
- The candidate should be able to operate Forklift truck, electric hoist, Raymond or other material handling equipment to assist in loading/unloading or moving materials and products also may be required to drive highway motor vehicle to pick up and/or deliver material
- The candidate should be able to perform daily inspection of vehicles he/she may operate in order to ensure they are in safe operating condition. Hazards are to be immediately reported to the appropriate Supervisor for corrective action also ensure Government WHMIS and TDG regulations are followed when receiving, issuing and shipping material
- The candidate should be able to work by use of a computer terminal, enter all necessary transactions into COMPUTERIZED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM SAP also accurately complete files and update all forms and documents required for the Stores’ function, either manually or electronically
- The candidate should be able to ensure respective work area(s) is (are) clean and free of hazards at all times also ensure material is properly stored and secured at all times
- The candidate may be required to work outdoors in all weather and must come to work prepared with proper clothing also perform any related duties, as requested
- The candidate should have day-to-day dealings with all levels of supervision and scheduled employees also have regular contact with Supervisors, co-workers and representatives of user Departments
- The candidate should be able to take care of that may result in material shortages tying up Company resources such as locomotives or cars or delaying the operation of a work gang, etc., thus having an adverse effect on operational efficiency. Incorrect data entry errors could result in erroneous inventory levels and may result in excess quantities of material being needlessly purchased or in stock shortages.
- The employees get flexible and competitive benefits package
- The employees get the benefits of competitive company pension plan
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Share Purchase Plan
- The employees get the benefit of annual fitness subsidy
- The employees get equal work opportunities
- The employees get to work with equity and inclusion
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!