The Mustard Seed based in Red Deer, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food Counter Attendant – Canada Summer Jobs. The Mustard Seed is a Christian non-profit organization that has been caring for individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty. We are operating in five cities across Alberta and British Columbia. We are known as a supportive haven where people can have their physical, mental, and spiritual needs met and grow toward greater health and independence. For more than three decades, we have been an agent of change, thanks to our donors, volunteers, and support from the community.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or internship/co-op employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: The Mustard Seed
Position: Food Counter Attendant – Canada Summer Jobs
Position Type: Intern
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Red Deer, AB
Shifts: To be determined
Reporting To: Food Services Supervisor
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a valid certificate from the Alberta Health Services Food Safe course
Experience: Candidates should be formally trained in Food Services and/or a minimum of one (1) year experience working in a commercial kitchen environment and have experience in overseeing staff in kitchen considered a strong asset
- The candidate should be able to lift 20lbs
- The candidate should have moderate to extreme physical effort, including Commercial kitchen setting, extended standing, reaching, lifting, and walking
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- The candidate should be able to work in a high-pressure environment where the ability to adapt to change and find creative solutions is essential
- The candidate should be able to work in a mental effort such as moderate, periods of high-volume workload
- The candidate should have strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel)
- The candidate should have good organizational skills, that are a necessity for menu planning, staff scheduling, food ordering and planning special events
- The candidate should have a valid driver’s license is an asset and access to a reliable vehicle
- The candidate should be able to resolve conflicts as they arise
- The candidate requires an Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, the company requires its candidates to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- The candidate must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- The candidate must be returning for the fall semester at a post-secondary institution
- The candidate should be between 18 and 30 years of age
- The candidate should be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- The candidate should have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- The candidate should not be a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
- The candidate should be responsible for providing meal service for clients who are actively participating in programs and community events that may include meals
- The candidate should be able to supervise cleaning of all Food Services areas to ensure health and safety standards are met
- The candidate should be able to prepare evening meals under the direction of the food services team lead and in conjunction with volunteers
- The candidate should be able to implement the procedures, standards, and policies of the Environmental Health Services Guidelines regarding how food is prepared, handled, and stored
- The candidate should be able to provide direction, supervision, and training in food handling procedures to volunteer meal groups, community education groups, individual volunteers, and fine option workers
- The candidate should be able to keep guests’ information confidential, updated, and secure
- The candidate should be able to implement health and safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- The candidate should be able to participate and complete staff training (e.g., Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, First Aid, SafeTALK, etc.)
- The candidate should be able to perform other duties as assigned
- The employees get to work to benefit the community
- The employees get career development opportunities
- The employees get to work in a well-known place
- The employees get other benefits such as free refreshments at work, health benefits and more
In 1984, with the idea for a street ministry that came from Pat Nixon who founded The Mustard Seed. Working for years, today the organisation operates in multiple cities, including: Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and Medicine Hat in Alberta; and Kamloops in British Columbia. Various locations of the company offer an expansive range of programs and services to serve the most vulnerable community members.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Note: International students are not eligible for this post
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!