Guest service agent
Leadon (Barrington) Operations based in Halifax, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Guest service agent. Leadon (Barrington) Operations, a 200-room hotel, opened its doors for business on March 25, 1980. Ideally situated in the centre of downtown Halifax and the historic waterfront, our hotel is a reconstruction of six originals buildings built in the mid-19th century in the Italianate style. We reflects the hospitality for which Haligonian’s are justly known. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Leadon (Barrington) Operations
Position: Guest service agent
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.75 to $16.25 hourly for 16 to 24 hours per week
Employment Type: Part time
Location: Halifax, NS
Shifts: Day, Evening and Weekend
Work setting: Hospitality industry and hotel, motel, resort
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College/CEGEP or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 2 years to less than 3 years
Computer and technology knowledge: Candidates must have knowledge of Opera
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, pay attention to detail and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client, in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills and also excellent oral and written communication
- The candidate should be able to register arriving guests and assign rooms, process group arrivals and departures and also take, cancel and change room reservations
- The candidate should be able to provide information on hotel facilities and services, provide general information about points of interest in the area and also provide customer service
- The candidate should be able to investigate and resolve complaints and claims, maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments, follow emergency and safety procedures, clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying), answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages, assist clients/guests with special needs, handle wake-up calls and also perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- The candidate should be able to exchange foreign currency, process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments and also balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!