Maple Leaf Foods based in London, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Material Supply Coordinator. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Currently, we have employed approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia. Our company is working with a vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. We work with a goal to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. Today, our company is advancing boldly within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. In all, we deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth. Our company is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Foods
Position: Sr. Warehouse Supervisor
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $14.00-$32.00 hourly (Approx)
Employment Type: Full time
Location: London, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates having standard educational qualification such as a post secondary education
Experience: Candidates need 1-3 years of experience in a warehousing or manufacturing environment, preferably in a food processing facility
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to fulfill all the COVID-19 regulations requirements
- The candidate should be equally enthusiastic who wants to join the team as it starts to climb its own version of Everest
- The candidate should be committed to be working through challenges
- The candidates needed to participate in this start-up requires great passion for its objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team.
- The candidate should believe do great things for its people, its consumers, and its communities
- The candidate should have a high-level of communication and collaboration among departments with a support and team-based mentality.
- The candidate should have a strong analytical capability
- The candidate should be able to work in various shifts and extend working hours when required
- The candidate should have an excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- The candidate should be a strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident and decisive conflict
- The candidate should have strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software. Experience with SAP preferred
- The candidate should be reporting to the Material Supply Leader, the Material Supply Coordinator is responsible for organizing and executing a consistent flow of packaging and materials to support the manufacturing operations.
- The candidate should be able to execute safe warehouse practices as outlined in our standard operating procedures.
- The candidate should be able to review daily schedules and identify materials required to support production.
- The candidate should be responsible for directing the picking and transfer of materials to production in an organized fashion
- The candidate should be able to provide direction to Receivers and Pickers on the proper rotation and transfer of materials to production.
- The candidate should be able to work with the materials team to adjust the layout of the storage when required.
- The candidate should be able to work with the Material Planner and support the traceability of lot and batch information.
- The candidate should be able to interact with shipping/receiving, scheduling, and production to ensure the daily requirements for production are met
- The candidate should be able to maintain accurate material returns from production back into storage
- The candidate should be able to work with the Inventory Supervisor execute physical counts to ensure that inventory is accurately reflected within SAP.
- The candidate should be able to support the purchasing of direct and indirect materials for the site as required
- The candidate should be able to support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- The candidate should be able to utilize any Material Requirements Planning processes, both manual or system driven, to ensure that data is accurate and to resolve any issue as required
- The candidate should be able to validate materials are in stock and available for future production
- The candidate should be able to minimize obsolete stock and avoid financial impact to the operations
- The candidate should be able to drive process improvements within the dry storage areas
- The candidate should be able to adhere to safe work practices following all safety regulations and guidelines.
- The candidate should be able to adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices following all sanitation and process procedures and guidelines.
- The candidate should be able to perform other responsibilities as assigned by management
- The employees get the benefits of competitive wages, bonuses, overtime paid and more
- The employees get fitness benefits at work
The employees get the benefits of annual wage review completed to ensure wages remain competitive across MLF and external companies
- The employees get pay progressive after every 6 months
- The employees get health benefits such as (Healthcare/medical and Dental through SunLife) after 3 months of working
- The employees get the benefits of pension with Manulife after 2 years of working
- The employees the benefits of career advancement within company (we’ve had many employees move up to higher paying hourly positions (i.e. Lead Hands, Assistant Supervisors) and salary positions as well (i.e. Production Supervisors)
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) through Morneau Shepell, paid by company
- The employees get the benefits of Inkblot online (CBT) cognitive behavioural therapy
- The employees to attend employee’s events throughout the year
- The employees get the benefits of employees sales for product throughout the year
- The employees get safety in accordance to COVID-19 protocols including face masks, face shields and physical barriers within Production
- The employees get training provided where needed
- The employees get to work in a reputable company
- The employees get competitive wages
- The employees get opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
- The employees get a great team environment
- The employees get a strong focus on internal advancement
- The employees get the benefits of Employee Assistance Program
- The employees get equal employment opportunities with a diverse workforce
- The employees get to be a part of the company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
Working for years, Maple Leaf Foods have people who are passionate about the work they do and the products they make. The company is known to be determined to leverage its integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people. The company is known to embrace a strong values-based culture, where people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. The company is known to cultivate an open non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each team member of the company has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of its achieve its goals with passion and discipline. The company members work by supporting one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement. Today, the company is continuously growing and is having more and more investments day-by-day. The company’s foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!