Ontario Public Services, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks, division of the Marten River and Finlayson Point Provincial Park is hiring the position of Park Maintenance Worker. If you are passionate to work in Government Sector in Ontario, then the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks can be a good decision. Ontario Public Services, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks includes job opportunities at ministries, agencies, and Crown corporations. We are known to serve both employees and employers by providing the best services. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Ontario Public Services, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Position: Park Maintenance Worker
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $21.24 – $22.91 per hour, Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 3 Temporary – Seasonal, duration up to 20 weeks, 24 Finlayson Point Rd, Temagami, North Region or 2860 Hwy 11 N, Marten River, North Region
Division: Marten River and Finlayson Point Provincial Park
Job Term: 3 Temporary – annually recurring seasonal contract for up to 20 weeks each year (May to October)
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Services Employees Union
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as high school, a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should have background included in maintenance, landscaping, operating and maintaining small powered equipment and also prefer to work outside, and have some autonomy in your daily routine
- The candidate should be able to possess a strong work ethic, the ability to manage multiple tasks, and a commitment to teamwork
- The candidate must possess a valid class “G” driver’s license or equivalent as recognized by the province of Ontario and also have the ability to obtain a valid emergency first aid certificate.
- The candidate should have the ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule
- The candidate must possess knowledge of operating standards for the maintenance and sanitation of general building facilities and utility maintenance and also be knowledgeable of the operation and maintenance of powered equipment such as lawnmowers, chainsaws and small hand tools
- The candidate should have the knowledge of and the ability to apply and interpret relevant regulations, acts, policies and procedures (i.e Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, etc.).
- The candidate should have proven interpersonal and team leadership skills to work collaboratively with others, lead teams and supervise staff and also possess strong communication skills to communicate effectively with contractors, park visitors, staff and stakeholders
- The candidate should have organizational skills and proven ability to complete projects within acceptable timeframes and deal with competing demands and also be able to demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- The candidate should be able to provide a security clearance and a criminal record check
- The candidate should be able to provide direction and leadership to maintenance staff and also provide general groundskeeper and grounds maintenance services
- The candidate should be able to perform minor repair and maintenance to buildings/utilities and also provide garbage collection, general facility maintenance/sanitation
- The candidate should be able to operate and repair a variety of heavy and light powered equipment such as tractor with attachments, riding lawn mowers, chainsaws and hand tools and also carry out facility inspection for security/damage
- The candidate should be able to promote compliance with park rules and regulations and also advise, report and record problems, violations and complaints
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!