Centre For Addiction and Mental Health based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Social work officer. Centre For Addiction and Mental Health is Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. With a dedicated staff of more than 3,000 physicians, clinicians, researchers, educators and support staff, we offers outstanding clinical care to more than 34,000 patients each year. The organization conducts groundbreaking research, provides expert training to health care professionals and scientists, develops innovative health promotion and prevention strategies, and advocates on public policy issues at all levels of government. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Centre For Addiction and Mental Health
Position: Social work officer
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $36.04 to $48.57 hourly (to be negotiated) 37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Term or contract Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
Work setting: Mental health institution, facility or clinic, Hospital
Target audience: Adults, Psychiatric
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as Master’s degree, or equivalent experience or Social work
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 3 to less than 5 years’
Social work specialization: Health
Credentials: Provincial certificate of registration, Membership in a provincial association of social workers
Security and safety: Immunization records, Tuberculosis test
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work in tight deadlines with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads, large workload, large caseload
- The candidate should be accurate, client focus, dependable, organized, initiative, flexible, reliable, and judgmental, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and excellent written communication
- The candidate should have values and ethics
- The candidates should be able to interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- The candidates should be able to supervise other social workers, paid para-professional staff, student trainees and volunteers
- The candidates should be able to perform administrative tasks, provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems
- The candidates should be able to plan programs of assistance for clients, refer clients to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
- The candidates should be able to investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action when necessary, provide public education and consultation regarding counselling services, issues and methods
- The candidates should be able to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group, act as an advocate for client groups in the community, lobby for solutions to problems affecting client groups
- The candidates should be able to conduct social research, provide mediation services and psychosocial assessments
- The candidates should be able to evaluate the effectiveness of counselling and social programs
- The candidates should be able to develop prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
- The candidates should be able to supervise students in training
- The candidates will get On-site amenities, On-site daycare available, On-site recreation and activities, Team building opportunities, Parking available, Wellness program, Pension plan
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, and Proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!